Relation between Kp and Kc (derivation)

Relationship between Kc and Kp

In a reaction,

aA + bB = cC + dD

we can write

Assuming the gaseous components to behave ideally,

PiVi = niRT

or

where (i) is the molar concentration of the species 'i'.

n = (Number of moles of gaseous products)-(Number of moles of gaseous reactants).

Thus, n is equal to the difference in the number of gaseous moles of products and the number of gaseous moles of reactants. The above equation can be rewritten as

Kp = Kc (RT)n

Relationship between Kc and Kp

Problems

2. Write the relationship between Kp and Kc for the following reactions.

Solution

(a) Here, n = 1+ 1 - 1 = 1

Kp = Kc (RT)1= KcRT

(b) Here, n = 2- (3+1) = -2

Kp = Kc (RT)-2

(c) Here, n = 2- (1+1) = 0

Kp = Kc (RT)0 = Kc

(d) Here, n = 2+1-2 =1

Kp = Kc (RT)1= KcRT

(d) Here, n = 2- (2+1)= -1

Kp = Kc (RT)-1= Kc / RT

3. At 700 K, the equilibrium constant, Kp for the reaction

is 1.80 x 10-3 kPa. What is the numerical value in moles per litre of Kc for this reaction at the same temperature?

Solution

For the reaction,

Kp = 1.80 x 10-3 kPa, Kc = ?

We know that, Kp = Kc (RT)n

where n = ng(products) - ng(reactants)

For the given reaction,

n = 2 + 1 - 2 = 1

So, Kp = Kc (RT)1= Kc x RT

R = 8.31 L kPa K-1 mol-1

4. Two litres of a solution of acetic acid contains 15 g of acetic acid. What is the active mass?

Solution

Molecular weight of acetic acid = 60

Weight of acetic acid = 15 gms.

Volume of the solution = 2 litres.

Active mass = number of moles/litre

5.

Solution

Here the products are X and Y and reactants are A and B. The

powers of the concentrations of A, B, X and Y correspond to the

respective number of moles in the equation.

6. Write down the expression for the equilibrium constants

What is the relation between Kp and Kc for this reaction?

Solution

n = number of moles of products - number of moles of reactants

= 3 - 5 = -2

Kp = Kc (RT)n = Kc (RT)-2

Kp = Kc(RT) -2 for this reaction.

4 comments:

Unknown said...


I had doubts about magic spells after purchasing many spells that never worked I actually decided to never buy a spell again. I have tried different spell casters..Some of them never answered me after I paid and were obvious scammers, some really cast a spell but for some reason it didn't work. Then I saw a video on you-tube with a person who was mentioning she had results with prophet ogidiga . Despite the suspicions I had his site looked real so I gave spells a last try. It's probably the best decision I ever made in my life because it worked and my boyfriend came back with me After I broke up with him I spent a lot of time wishing that I could just turn the clock backwards.He helped me do just that. fact our relationship feels like the [(M I R A C L E C E N T E R 1 1 0 @ g m a i l . c o m] or call + 2 3 4 9 0 6 7 4 6 4 0 4 8


Spell Home said...

Hello,

I'm Dr Ogudugu a real and genuine spell caster with years of experience in spell casting and an expert in all spells, i specialize exclusively in LOVE SPELL/GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK, FRUIT OF THE WOMB SPELL, HIV CURE SPELL, BECOMING A MERMAID SPELL, BECOMING A VAMPIRE SPELL, SAVE CHILD BIRTH SPELL. If you have any problem and you need a real and genuine spell caster to solve your problems, contact me now through my personal Email Address...Note-you can also Call and WhatsApp.

Contact me -
Email: greatogudugu@gmail.com
Phone No: +2348139793075
WhatsApp No: +2348139793075

Sweta said...

Relationship between cp cv? Please reply

Mahagh said...

What will be the rule and the n if the reaction is of heterogenous mixture gases and liquids?
aA(l) + bB(g) >>>>>>cC(l) +dD(g)